Here is a list of what's going on in the Netherlands in juni 2010!
What's on in the Month of June?
- dinsdag 1 - zaterdag 26 juni: Holland Festival
- woensdag 2 juni - Utrecht is jarig (1122) - Utrecht turns 888
- donderdag 3 - zaterdag 6 juni: The Dutch Environmental Film Festival
- dinsdag 8 juni: Hollandse Nieuwe 2010 - Beginning of Herring Season 2010
- woensdag 9 juni: Tweede Kamer Verkiezingen - Dutch Cabinet elections
- vrijdag 11 - zondag 20 juni: Oerol Festival
- zaterdag 12 juni: The Hague Pride - Gay Pride Festivities in The Hague
- zaterdag 12 juni: World Naked Bike Ride Amsterdam
- vrijdag 18 - zondag 20 juni: Festival Mundial music festival in Tilburg
- maandag 21 juni: Nijntje is jaarig (1955) - Happy birthday, Nijntje!
- donderdag 24 - zondag 27 juni: Taste of Amsterdam
- zaterdag 26 juni: Nederlanse Veteranendag - Dutch Veterans' Day
The month of June also has a lot of exciting things in store for Clogs and Tulips. Next week, I launch the Tiptoe Through the Tulips interview series. Thanks to those of you who volunteered to take part. If you are interested in tiptoeing through the tulips with other Clogs and Tulips readers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" in the subject line. It's also Cabinet Elections in the Netherlands - a very exciting time that I will be taking you on a journey through with a series devoted to Tweede Kamer Verkiezingen and the Dutch government.
Speaking of elections, don't forget to vote in the latest poll "Which party are you planning to vote for during the June 2010 elections in The Netherlands?" If you are unable to vote in the Netherlands, take this chance to make known who you would vote for if you could. Or you can just chose the "ineligible to vote" option. Vote early and vote often, as they say!
Top Posts in May 2010
- Holland vs. The Netherlands - Find out what the correct name for this tiny country is and why there's so much confusion about it
- Let's Go To The Movies - How is a trip to the movie theater different in the Netherlands?
- An Inburgering Rant - Hear fellow NL expats moan and groan about the dreaded inburgering.